Three Weeks Before You Move
July 9th, 2009
- Call the power company and phone company - arrange for any services you'll need at the new house.
- Confirm departure and arrival dates with everyone concerned; mover, realtor, relatives, people you're buying the house from, etc.
- Book motel rooms, rental cars, etc., if necessary.
- Start to pack. Begin with valuable, rarely used items.
- Make sure all boxes are labeled.
- Involve your children in the move. Bring them in on planning sessions and have them help with packing.
- Determine what special items you've added to the house that should be moved: lighting fixtures, security system, etc.
- Do a thorough cleaning of the house.